NEW YORK – Hurricane Sandy survivors who have registered with the Federal Emergency Management Agency for disaster assistance can take advantage of the many services available through the FEMA helpline, 800-621-3362 (Voice, 7-1-1/Relay) or (TTY) 800-462-7585.
Survivors can check the status of their applications, update contact information, and learn how their insurance affects FEMA assistance.
Survivors also can call the helpline to:
- Update insurance information
- Receive information on the home inspection process
- Add or remove the name of a person designated to speak for the applicant
- Find out if FEMA needs more information about their claim
- Update FEMA on the applicant’s housing situation
- Learn how to appeal a FEMA application decision
- Get answers to other questions they might have about their application
Helpline hours are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. EDT, seven days a week until further notice. Multilingual operators are available. Survivors can also visit DisasterAssistance.gov or m.fema.gov.